Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new year

Snow again here today.  I happened to notice that in our small round ring, one of the horses had made a perfect figure eight with its hooves.  I bet it's Sadie. I like to think she's  leaving me a love letter in the snow.  She remembers that I traced that pattern with her in the ring.  It's a reminder that I should be riding her more.  Or else it's just completely random.  Sometimes I look for symbolism in happenstance.  It makes life more interesting.  Do you do that?



The shadows are lengthening on the old year.  It's time to move on, I think.



I'm looking forward to a fresh start.  This year, more than ever.



But for now, let's just put our party hats on,  and celebrate.



I don't make new years' resolutions, because I generally make (and break) them all through the year.  I do want to resolve, though, to make the most of  whatever comes my way.  And  I do wish you all joy, and laughter and peace.  


And a wonderful new year.

6 comments:

P said...

I think it's definitely a message. I'd like to think so, at least. Our cat, Verne, likes to poop in the shower. What do you think he's telling us (other than he hates the cat box)? I shudder to think.

Happy New Year! Thank you for all the beauty and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos and symbolism. Hope you have a great new year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Can't believe the figure 8 that is amazing!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
=D

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! The kitty looks very cozy...

Beautiful photos as always!

Annie

Leenie said...

Wandered in from another blog. There are a lot of Canadians with great blogs. Maybe, like Idaho there is more screen time when the fingers of winter have us by the shorts. (Who wears shorts when it is this cold anyway).