Tuesday, December 9, 2008

visitor

I am being tested by the universe.  A wee little baby kitty has decided to make its home on my back porch.  This sad little stray showed up two days ago.  (sorry about the blurry picture below)



I suppose it doesn't help that I've been feeding it and provided a little towel-lined box for sleeping purposes.


I think kitty has picked this as its home, despite the fact that two large superior guard dogs roam freely, and a domineering feline already lives indoors.  The thing is, kitty is so friendly.  So sweet.  So forlorn.  What to do, What to do.... Do you suppose it could live in the garage?  That's where we keep our hay.   Help.

7 comments:

P said...

Oh my. I don't even like cats, but this one is so pretty and dainty. She's yours! You can tell! You are powerless to her charms. Yes, maybe she can be a barn cat? Or maybe your indoor cat will get used to her?

Anonymous said...

I think the kitten has chosen you! Now all you have to do is begin the long introduction process so she can live inside.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh....you have to adopt that poor sweet thing! I think she could live in the garage with the hay...my neighbor does that with her cats. They live in the hayloft of her barn in the winter. She does put those cozy cat houses up there for them though... Let us know what you decide!

annie

Bekah said...

I am not a cat person, in fact, I am allergic, but if that precious thing showed up on my doorstep, Id be doing the came thing you are doing, and probably calling all my friends to see if they would like a new kitty cat.

Anonymous said...

I adopted a kitten this year as well, even though there were already two adult cats and a dog in the house. The dog and new kitten are now best friends. One of the older cats also plays with the kitten, and the more moody, oldest cat just lies down in a high place and watches. It makes for a hectic household, but a very happy one!

I don't have a barn where I could have put her... But I did leave her separate from the other animals and introduced her slowly to avoid any unpleasantness..

Dysd Housewife said...

I would hug it and squeeze it and call it my friend. AND it would be sleeping in my favorite chair :)

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh, I think you DEFINITELY need a barn cat. She could get very cozy in your hay and hunt mice. Cats are very good at finding a cozy place to sleep. Just think how nice it would be to have a little cat cuddle during chore time!