Sunday, December 21, 2008

the silly season


What happened is this: I got swept up in the Christmas season, and neglected my blog.  I suppose I get sidetracked quite easily.  Also, I just felt like there wasn't much to share.  I was wandering around outside, taking pictures of tree bark.



And snow.  It just didn't seem that interesting.


And wouldn't you know it, the lovely P of what possessed me wrote a sweet post about my blog and photos, which I didn't see until yesterday.  I was so flattered because P is a funny, savvy and intelligent writer, her blog is always visually interesting AND she features pictures of baby animals which will just slay you with their cuteness.

And then some (mildly) interesting things did happen.  I got my shopping done (mostly).  The house got decorated for Christmas (sort of), we got our tree (tall and thin).  Also, I survived my daughter's Christmas exams and my sons' school Christmas concert.  And then we had a ginormous snowstorm.  There's nothing like a snowstorm to really make you feel like things are back on track.  And it's snowing AGAIN today.  A lot.  I love it.

Here are a few snaps of Christmassy things around the house.
 





I think I'll go bake something now.  Enjoy the season,  and be kind to yourselves (and others, of course!).  Glad to be back!

8 comments:

P said...

Stop it with all the beauty! I can't stand it! (No, please don't stop.)

Your tree is beyond gorgeous. I am going to send Fauxhawk over to apprentice with you.

RURAL said...

I have missed you! Lovely shots, gorgeous decorating. I really like it when it is elegant and simple. Enjoy the holidays, but don't forget about us.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're back! Love the interesting bark - and the bird playing hide-and-seek in the tree!

Have a great relaxing holiday!

Heidi the Hick said...

I think the tree bark is awesome!

And your house... You know... I think it might actually be better than my imaginary house. Good job!

(I love all those little birds!!!)

Unknown said...

Your home looks so elegant and uncluttered...exactly what I love. Your photos are great!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Annie

Dysd Housewife said...

what a GORGEOUS tree! Merry Christmas!

Pony Girl said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely little portraits of your Christmas...they make me smile! I love the silver balls on all of the white dishware. So creative!
Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Come back hayseeds and horsefeathers! We miss you! :)