Thursday, November 5, 2009

something simple


I've been known to post some less-than-stellar photos here, and this one is no exception. I just could not get a good shot for love nor money.

It does serve to illustrate a simple idea, though. I'd been saving pretty soap and candle wrappers, thinking I'd find a good use for them someday. And here it is:


I framed them in inexpensive white Ikea frames and hung them in my newly-painted bathroom. Once you start using nice soaps it's hard to stop, but now you can justify the cost to yourself if you end up using them as artwork.

Must go now, to straighten the slightly wonky frames and read my camera manual. Have a great day.

3 comments:

LadyFi said...

Wow - so creative and beautiful! You're a genius!

Maery Rose said...

Good idea and completely guilt free.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very artsy and thrifty too! :)