Monday, November 2, 2009

november


I always think of the colours of november as being greys and browns.





(Actually that last one was late summer, but it has a novemberish vibe, don't you think?).


Around here, things are taking on a really russet hue. Gone are the blazing colours and vibrant blue skies of October (and those dark mornings, thank goodness).....



Oh well, this guy is always russet, but he whispered to me that he was feeling alittle novemberish today, so I included him. Novemberish. You know, in between, enjoying the fading beauty, while at the same time hunkering down for a long (but mild, please, dear Lord) winter. I have a feeling it will be a great month!

5 comments:

Tami Weingartner said...

Lovely set....love the morning webs!

LadyFi said...

Stunning photos! Love the spiderweb which is both beautiful and yet melancholy.

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

I am so glad I wandered onto this post. Lovely lovely photographs. I have a series of spider webs taken on a dewey morning in late summer that I never posted. Yours is stunning, much better!

C-ingspots said...

Oh my stars!! That photo of the spider web and the fog is absolutely amazing!! I absolutely love it!! You should frame that one for sure. I like the round hay bales and, of course your horse too. That picture of him I swear, I could almost smell him. Don't you just love the way horses smell? Novemberish...I like that. Perfect description. And Amen to the mild winter!! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Novemberish what a great word. I am glad October is over, one of the most dreary months ever..we have already had more sunshine in November than we did in all of October. I will second that petition for a mild, short winter.
Lovely photos..especially the web..wonderful! I also like the Hydrangea..it does photograph well..mine had lots of frost this morning:)