Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ed

It is with great sadness that I share with you the news that Ed, our lovely horse-trainer and helper, and friend, died yesterday in a road accident.  

I tried to find a photo of him, and the only ones I could find were not full-on shots.  He was a very unassuming, shy man, but always helpful and kind.  He loved horses and was a true natural horseman.  His techniques were not fancy, but based on patience and kindness.

Ed moved to a slower rhythm than most people do.  After spending just a few moments with this quiet man,  you couldn't help but feel more peaceful.  I'm so glad that he was able to help us with Ollie, our little horse- he gave him such a good, loving start.

I'll miss the sound of his  blue pickup truck rumbling down our driveway.  I'll miss shooting the breeze with him, and hearing his latest verdict on Ollie's progress (and hearing him say "he's growed").  

He will be missed by his friends and family (human and horse alike).  Happy trails Ed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. I will keep his family in my prayers.

P said...

That is very, very sad. What a lovely tribute.

Alisa said...

I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and his loved ones.

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

It is always such a shock to lose someone special from your life.

You have posted a lovely tribute, and I hope that it has brought you and his family a small measure of peace.

Bekah said...

oh how tragic, he seems like he was a truly wonderful man.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ed. Sounds like a lovely gentle man.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ed. He sounds like he was a gentle man. A joy to know.